Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Frozen Crack

No, I'm not talking about when it's too cold and when your waistline starts to fail you... I just wanted to leave a note about the ice cream that I posted on a few weeks (months?) ago... I made the Coconut Custard Ice Cream the other day for a dinner party that had a Thai theme to it. Upon taking a bite of the frozen, coconut-y, creamy deliciousness that was topped with toasted almonds and cocoa nibs, my friend A looked at me and said "Oh my god, my nipples just got hard. This shit is GOOD!!!"

So, you should make it, and then go cut some glass or something.

I'll post one of my grandmother's only tasty recipes - butterscotch brownies - in the near future. She couldn't cook worth a damn, except for her coleslaw (which took her all day in the kitchen because she was totally a mess in there) and her butterscotch brownies and butterscotch pudding. I don't know what it was about her and butterscotch, but she could sure make delicious things with it!

Back to work!

2 comments:

Penelope said...

That sounds SOOOO good... coconut and custard were made for each other. I made coconut creme brulee recently and got a similar response.

Dearest Cupcake said...

Get your ass back in the kitchen! With those renovations I expect some good fall baking....