Monday, April 16, 2007

These are fun

I got this from Mellbury Observer. Love these things. And, since it's kitchen/household-related, it belongs on this site.

Housekeeping A to Z

aprons - y/n?
Yes. I have some from many different periods in my life. I don't always remember to wear them, though.

baking - y/n?
As much as I can! And now I can say that I need material for my blog. Heh heh,

clothesline - y/n?
Not really. I have something that I lay sweaters out on. I'd like to get a clothesline for this summer, though.

donuts - ever made them?
No, but I remember my great-aunt making them

everyday - one homemaking thing you do everyday?
Cook. Or clean.

freezer - do you have a separate deep freezer?
No. We had a party-fridge, but had to unplug it to save $$. We had a deep freeze that someone gave us but it never worked, so it got hauled away last summer.

garbage disposal - y/n
No, but I have a compost bin. Or, as G calls it, a "controlled rot pile".

handbook - y/n?
What exactly are you asking here? I have a ton of cookbooks and magazines... do those qualify as a handbook?

ironing - love it or hate it?
Hate it. Avoid it whenever I can.

junk drawer - where is it?
Next to the fridge. That thing is out of control.

kitchen - design and decorating?
There is stuff there and I keep it under control. There is no decorating. The design is one of a glorified galley kitchen - it's a U-shape. It's efficient, though. I have no major complaints. I hope to have a gas stove and new counters before the end of 2007.

love - what is your favorite part of homemaking?
Making a delicious meal or baking something that calls everyone to the kitchen to taste.

mop - y/n?
I should do it once a week. If I get to it once a month that's good. It's hard to do, especially with 2 dogs. Very hard to keep clean.

nylons - wash them by hand or in the washer?
How about "avoid wearing them as much as possible"?

oven - do you use the window or open it to check?
Open. The window is tiny and dark.

pizza - what do you put on yours?
Cheese, or garlic & chicken, or onions and meatballs. Mmmmm.... pizza.....

quiet - what do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
Sleep, knit or read. Since I work outside of the home, I don't get much of a chance for down time.

recipe card box?
Yes, and magazines, and cookbooks, and binders....

style of house?
Cape

tablecloths and napkins - y/n?
When it's a special occassion, yes. Otherwise, G and I get linen napkins (not ironed) and P gets a paper one.

under the kitchen sink
Dishwasher stuff. A gallon of water.

vacuum - how many times a week?
Once or twice a week. I should do it more. Again, I work outside of the home, and have a 2 hour commute, so 2 times a week is as good as it's going to get.

wash - how many loads do you do a week?
Between 2 and 4, depending on if we have guests over the weekend.

x’es - do you keep a list of things to do and cross them off?
It's one of my most favorite things to do.

yard - who does what?
G mows, I complain about everything being overgrown. I have a kitchen garden that I hope to keep reined in this summer. We're also planting wild flowers, not vegetables, in our garden. Sometimes I go out and have a mad clipping frenzy on the shrubs.

zzz’s - what is your last homemaking task for the day?
Tidying everything up, putting things (toys, books, remote controls) away. "Resetting the room".

No comments: